Things to know when you join Pack 131
- Each Scout participates in a Den of Scouts their own age. Boys join dens of boys, Girls join dens of girls. Dens are led by a Den Leader and an assistant. Throughout the year each parent or guardian will be asked to participate and help out at a Den Meeting.
- The Pack is a collection of Dens. It is lead by a group of volunteer Pack Leaders.
- Pack meetings are held once a month, most often on the 3rd Friday of the month at 7pm. Pack meetings center around an activity or theme. Your Scout will receive their awards at Pack Meetings.
- Den meetings are usually held twice a month. Den Leaders and parents work together to determine a suitable time and location.
- Parents, Guardians, Leaders and other adults are referred to as "Akela". Akela is there to help the Scout along the way and to provide a safe and fun experience. Under normal circumstances an Adult Partner (Parent or Guardian) will accompany Lion and Tiger Scouts (Kindergarten & 1st Grade) at all activites. As Scouts reach the Wolf and Bear Ranks, (2nd and 3rd grade, respectively) Den Leaders will help parents to understand when they need to accompany their scout.
- Cub Scouts is an opportunity for your family to work together to support your Scout as they work towards their next goal, adventure or award. While much of the work is done within a Den Meeting, there are several activities which need to be completed at home.
- All guardians or "Akelas" will be required to do an online Boy Scouts of America safety training.
- At most meetings and activities your Scout will wear their "Class A" Uniform. (pictured to the right). A Scout needs a Cub Scout shirt, neckerchief, slide and belt. They can wear blue or khaki pants or shorts with their uniform.
- Class B Shirts are to be used when the planned activity is either messy or prolonged. Class B Shirts can be purchased through the Pack.
Uniforms are in two classes:
- You may order your Scout's Class A at local Scout supply stores or from www.ScoutStuff.org
- Cub Scout handbooks may also be purchased at these locations